Stay up-to-date with our Message Board
2022 Ringette Season Communications
- January 21, 2022 – COVID-19 Update
- January 27, 2022 – COVID-19 Update
- February 18, 2022 – Health Restrictions Update
- March 15, 2022 – COVID-19 Update, Mask Mandate
- May 16, 2022 – Ringette BC Update – Zone and Club Participation for 2022
- June 10, 2022 – Ringette BC Update – Annual Report and Board of Directors Announced
- June 12, 2022 – Ringette BC June e-newsletter
- June 21, 2022 – Ringette BC Update – Staffing Update
- June 27, 2022 – Job Opportunity Available
2021 Ringette Season Communications
- May 27, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – BC Restart Plan 2.0
- May 28, 2021 – Challenge Cup 2021 Notice
- June 4, 2021 – BC Winter Games 2022
- June 16, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – BC Restart Plan 2.0
- July 2, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – BC Restart Plan 2.0
- July 16, 2021 – Ringette BC Update Zone U16 and U19 Teams
- August 24, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – Mask Mandate (updated August 25)
- September 2, 2021 – Welcome to the 2021-2022 Ringette Season
- September 13, 2021 – Proof of Vaccination Status
- September 22, 2021 – COVID-19 Update
- September 23, 2021 – Zone and Club Team Formation
- October 18, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – Northern Health Restrictions and Other Updates
- October 28, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – Health Restrictions
- December 23, 2021 – COVID-19 Update – Health Restrictions
2020 Ringette BC Communications
Ringette BC has been actively communicating with Associations and ringette families throughout the COVID-19 lock down. All COVID-19 communications are posted below:
- March 13th, COVID-19 Memo
- March 20th, Update to Associations
- March 27th, e-newsletter
- April 2nd, Team Refunds for Cancelled Competitions
- April 3, Update to Associations
- April 17th, e-newsletter
- May 7th, Updates to Associations
- May 20th, Updates to Associations
- May 22nd, E-newsletter
- June 10th, Updates to Associations
- July E-Newsletter
- August 21st, Updates to Associations
- September E-Newsletter
- September 17th, Updates to Associations
- September 23rd, Officials Update
- October E-Newsletter
- October 30th, Excellence Ringette Update – Cancellation notice
- November 7th, COVID-19 Update – Provincial Health Authority releases new restrictions
- November 10th, COVID-19 Update
- November 12th, COVID-19 Update – Provincial Health Order Released
- November 17th, COVID-19 Update – Update on PHO restrictions in LMRL
- November 20th, COVID-19 Update
- November 23rd COVID-19 Update
- November 28th COVID-19 Update
- December 3rd COVID – 19 Update – NEW PHO Restrictions for Sport
- December 8th COVID-19 Update – Extension of Restrictions
- December E-Newsletter 2020
- January 7, 2021 COVID-19 Update – Extension of Restrictions
- February E-Newsletter 2021
- March 11, 2021 – Club Association Update
- March 29, 2021 – COVID-19 Update
Ringette BC will continue to post the updates as they are communicated to families and Associations. Follow us on social media for additional updates that are being shared and posted on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Update to Ringette BC’s Concussion policy. Ringette BC will now accept Making Headway in Sport as well as the Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT).
Please read the policy update advisory for details.
The Coaching Association of Canada has made changes to the Making Ethical Decisions module. The CAC has changed the course and evaluation to require that only a single course is all that is required.
Please read the Memo from Ringette Canada for details.
Ringette Canada memo regarding the change in Professional development credits and attendance for coaches at Canadian Ringette Championships can be found on the Coaching page of the Ringette BC website or use the link provided.
Memo to the President’s of all Ringette BC Associations,
- RE: code of Conducts
Further to discussions at the 2016 Annual General meeting, Ringette BC has made adjustments to the Code of Conducts and has introduced a new code of conduct for General Volunteers. The Codes of Conduct policy has not changed. The revised codes and the new code are now posted on the Ringette BC website (www.ringettebc.ca). The codes posted on the website are the codes that are to be used starting this playing season. The Codes are attached to this memo for your information and distribution as you see fit.
- RE: Registration Acknowledgement
The delegates to the 2016 Annual General Meeting gave Ringette BC the task of implementing policies that would assist club Associations to respond effectively to instances of misconduct by their members. In response to this assignment, Ringette BC has implemented a requirement that all adults registering to play Ringette in BC or who are registering their children to play Ringette in BC acknowledge they know the standards of conduct of Ringette BC anyone involved with the game or watching the game. The acknowledgement includes the list of penalties that may be applied for misconduct. The Registration Acknowledgement form has now been included with Karelo registration. Any registrations for the 2016-17 season that occurred prior to the implementation of the acknowledgement requirement will be sent the acknowledgement by the Ringette BC Office. Registrants are asked to sign the acknowledgement and give it to their Registrar with their registration. The Association Registrars should keep the signed Acknowledgements. This is an interim step. We anticipate that for registration for the 2017-2018 season and onwards, the Acknowledgement will be entirely electronic and will not require in the involvement of the Association Registrars.
November 17 Board of Directors of Ringette BC passed the following resolution: Be it resolved that Ringette BC policy be amended to read that a fine of twice the Provincial Championships Tournament fee plus up to $2500 fine be levied against teams which withdraw from attending any of the Calibers of play of the Provincial Championships.
UPDATED COACHING CREDENTIALS MEMO:
Please read the Memo regarding the coaching credentials for the up-coming season.
This is why we play Ringette!
Follow this link to Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TRDEP_rUpVw
Looking for that perfect example of how to set a legal pick or making a leading pass, check out Steve Saito’s You Tube library of Ringette games. This an awesome way to see great Ringette from the comfort of your computer. Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/user/FiX3dCopE/videos