2024 Annual Conference and General Meeting
Location: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel and Conference Center, 1280 Alpine Road, Sun Peaks, BC V0E 5N0
Dates: June 1-2, 2024
Sun Peaks Grand Hotel Resort is looking forward to welcoming Ringette BC and our delegates back to this world class resort
The Conference and Annual Banquet/ Awards Presentation will be held Saturday, June 1st. Times to be confirmed.
Annual General Meeting is scheduled Sunday, June 2nd.
More details on the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel will be release soon.
Ringette BC’s Annual Conference will be hosted on Saturday, June 1.
Conference Agenda and itinerary will be released in May.
General Meeting Information
Date: Sunday, June 2nd
Location: Sun Peaks Grand Hotel,
The AGM package will be distributed prior to the meeting, including
- General Meeting Agenda
- Draft Meeting Minutes from the May 28, 2023 AGM
- 2023-2024 Annual Report
- Ringette BC Financial Statements 2024
- Ringette BC Succession Planning Committee Report
To review Ringette BC’s Constitution and Bylaws click here.
This section is to be updated soon.
2023-2024 Ringette BC Board of Directors
The Ringette BC Board of Directors is comprised of seven directors who are elected from around the province for a period of one term; a term is two years. The Chair of the Board is appointed by the elected Board of Directors at the first meeting of the Board following the Annual General Meeting.
Ringette BC is pleased to announce the following members of the Board of Directors who are seeking re-election for the 2023/2024 term at the 2023 Annual General Meeting on May 28, 2023.
The Directors seeking re-election for the 2023-2024 Ringette BC Board of Directors are:
Jody Ewart – Port Coquitlam
Jody is seeking re-election for her second term on the Board. She is currently the Chair of the Audit Committee and serves on the Player Movement Committee. and is an integral member of the Board of Directors, assisting with financial oversight and human resources.
Outside of the Board, Jody coaches an 18+ in PoCo, as well as assisting with several other Open teams
Greg Hunter – New Westminster
Greg has served two terms on the Board, and is seeking re-election for his third, and final term. He is currently Chair of the Excellence committee, a member of the 2023 CWG Steering Committee and was a part of the 2019 World Ringette Championships Organizing Committee.
Remaining Ringette BC Board Members:
Lesley Driscoll – the current Chair of the Board of Directors. Lesley also serves on a number of committees, including Audit, Player Movement, Strategic Planning and the Male Participation Task Force.
Maria Crawford – entering her second year on the Board. Maria is a member of the Player Movement committee, and Male Participation Task Force.
Chris Bjorn – also entering his second year on the Board. Chris is on the OfficialsDevelopment committee and the Rally Together steering committee
Lisa Quiring- is the Board member responsible for providing guidance and direction on Indigenous Relations and on the Truth & Reconciliation Calls for Action.
RINGETTE BC BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATION PROCESS
Pursuant to Ringette BC Bylaw 8.2.2 :
Nominations of candidates may also be made in writing on a form approved by the BOARD and
signed by at least three VOTING MEMBERS. Such nominations must be accompanied by the
written consent of the nominee(s) and delivered to the SOCIETY at least 45 days prior to the
annual GENERAL MEETING. The BOARD shall advise the VOTING MEMBERS of candidates who
have been nominated for election pursuant to this provision at least 40 days prior to the annual
INFORMATION FOR INDIVIDUALS CONSIDERING A POSITION ON THE RINGETTE BC BOARD
Ringette BC Board Members are:
• Individuals who believe in the value of sport
• Supportive of the Mission, Value and Vision of the Society
• Able and willing to make the time commitment to the Society
• In accordance with the by-laws of the Society, 8.3 : A candidate for election as a DIRECTOR,
and a DIRECTOR, must:
1. Be qualified to be a director under Section 44 of the ACT, and
2. Be a MEMBER of their CLUB ASSOCIATION for not less than 30 days, and who is in
good standing at the time of nomination and at the time of the election, and
3. Be older than 18 years of age.
• Review required materials in advance of Board meetings
• Participate in Board meetings (3-6 per year, with a minimum of three in person, including
the AGM and the others via Teams or conference call.
• Attend other Society functions as necessary
• Represent Ringette BC, as necessary with other, affiliated organizations
SUBMITTING A NOMINATION
Complete the On-Line nomination form and submit no later than 5:00 PM Wednesday, April 12,
All nominations will be reviewed by the Succession Planning Committee. A report, including the
Committee’s recommendations, and all valid candidate’s names will be posted to the membership
by April 17, 2023
OPERATIONS OF THE BOARD
The Ringette BC Board is a governance board. Operations are the responsibility of the staff of
Ringette BC. Board Activities include:
• Policy development and compliance
• Financial oversight and risk management
• Creating, reviewing and monitoring of the Strategic Plan
• Public relations activities
• Representing the Society on related committees and Boards as determined by the Board
• Appointment and assessment of the Executive Director