Ringette Coaching Pathway consists of community coaching, competitive coaching, high performance coaching and coaching instruction and evaluation.
All Ringette coaching certification courses are part of the National Certification Program (NCCP) and coaches are part of the Coaching Association of Canada.
For more information about coaching please visit the Coach Association of Canada at www.coach.ca.
Coaching Certification Levels
Community Sport Initiation (CSI) Coach
- This course is for coaches who are new to coaching and who is looking to coach participants in U14 Club and below.
Competition Introduction (CI) Coach
- This course is for individuals who have some experience in coaching ringette or other sports and are looking to coach a more competitive team and youth divisions.
- This course is required at the Certified level to coach a ringette team at Provincial Championships, Western Canadian Ringette Championships, BC Winter Games, Canadian Ringette Championships.
Competitive Development (Comp Dev) Coach
- This course is for individuals who have achieved CI – Certified status and have at least two to three years of coaching at competitive levels.
- This course seeks to equip coaches with even further knowledge and education related to building a quality sport environment, athlete development and building a yearly training plan that supports a high performance ringette athletes.
- Coaches must achieve Comp Dev Certified to coach at the Canada Winter Games. Comp Dev certified will also be required for all NRL coaches by 2023.
Coach Developers include both Learning Facilitators and Coach Evaluators. Coach Developers are integral to the development of coaches in sport. To learn more visit CAC’s Coach Developer page.
Coach Developer – Learning Facilitator
Learning Facilitators teach coaching clinics. Courses include both ringette specific course such as CSI and CI or multi-sport courses such as Developing Athletic Abilities, Performance Planning and Coaching and Leading Effectively as examples.
Coach Developer – Coach Evaluators
Coach Evaluators are responsible for certifying coaches in coach certification levels that require evaluations in order to achieve “certified” status. Coach Evaluators are an important piece of the coach development framework as they are responsible for evaluating coaches on the skills, tools and practical application of their coaching education knowledge.
Coach Developer – Master Coach Developer
A Master Coach Developer or MCD is able to evaluate and teach other Coach Developers. MCD’s are able to lead sport -specific training for Coach Developers and evaluate their delivery of coaching resources.