Ringette BC is excited to announce an upcoming series of virtual Officials Mentorship sessions to support Officiating Development in BC that will take place from now until the middle of January. All session are free to officials, and those who attend will be entered into a draw to win officiating gear – each session you attend is one entry into the draw.
The following topics will be presented:
- Intro to Officiating – Role of the Official & Dressing Room Etiquette
- Rules 101 & Body Contact Review
- Positioning, Signals & Procedures (pre & post-game & match/misconduct)
- Goal Setting & Game Preparation
- Training & Skating – on & off ice
- Self-Awareness & Empathy
- Conflict Management & Communication
- Next Steps in my Officiating Pathway
These sessions will be led by senior officials from BC, as well as professionals in their respective fields. Each session will be offered twice a week and be recorded for those who are unable to attend or wish to watch the presentation again.
Program dates, times as well as the Zoom link for each session can be found in this document. Please note, this calendar is subject to change – if changes are made, you will be notified.
Please fill out the linked form to indicate which sessions you are planning to attend.
If you have any questions, please contact Amanda Pukalo: firstname.lastname@example.org