The Excellence Ringette Program provides systemic and systematic training and competition environments, based on Ringette Canada’s Athlete Development Matrix (ADM), with the intention of helping athletes achieve their highest level of performance. Athletes will be provided with a daily training environment, and access to sport resources and personnel, giving them the opportunity to develop into high performance athletes.
2022/2023 Excellence Ringette Program
Who: Male and Female Athletes born in 2008 or earlier
Athlete applications are now OPEN and will be accepted until May 1st, 2022.
To apply, athletes must
- Complete their online registration and application form by May 1st, 2022
- Attend an in person assessment (register using link above)
- LMRL – May 6th & 7th
- Northern BC – May 14th
- TORL – May 15th
- Complete an Athlete Interview
- Registered athletes will be send a link to sign up for a 10 minute interview time slot that will take place in May
Athletes will be notified of their status no later than June 15th, 2022.
Excellence Ringette Program 2022/2023 Athlete Orientation schedule has been released. Athletes who will be in U16, U19 and 18+ during the 2022-2023 ringette season are eligible to register.
Ringette BC will have three Excellence Centres.
Training weekends will be scheduled between the regions based on the proportionality of participants
The Excellence Ringette program is designed to support and prepare athletes and coaches to compete at the High Performance level, such as
Canadian Ringette Championships
Canada Winter Games
National Ringette League
World Ringette Championships
Ringette BC will
- Fully operate the High Performance Ringette (AA) program in BC
- Act as the “License Holder” of Excellence Ringette in BC and will be responsible for ensuring that our coaches, athletes and administrators are executing the Excellence program to the standards
- Select coaching staff
- Screen all athletes under standards set by Ringette Canada
- Manage operations of the Excellence Ringette Program
The daily operations and general administration will be lead by a Program Coordinator, hired by Ringette BC, who will be responsible for program administration.
Excellence Ringette Athletes
Excellence Ringette Coaches
Excellence Ringette Program Calendar (Typical Season)
- May – Screening and Assessments
- July– Excellence Training Camp #1
- August – Excellence Training Camp #2
- September – Team BC Roster Named
- December – Excellence Training Camp #3
Athletes who are selected to Team BC in U16 and U19 will have additional training camps and events.
Ringette BC – Excellence Ringette Program Guidelines – April 2022
Excellence Ringette Program Guidelines; purpose, objectives and governance.
2022-2023 Excellence Ringette Program – Athlete Intake and Selection Procedure
Overview of the application, selection and intake procedure for the 2022/2023 Excellence Ringette Program.
Parent and Athlete Information Sheet
A one page overview of the Excellence Ringette Program for Athletes and their parents
Excellence Ringette Program Fitness Standards
On and off ice fitness standards athletes will need to achieve to be screened into the Excellence program
COVID-19 Related Documents